Everything You Should Need To Know About YouTube playlists.
How To Create YouTube playlists: YouTube playlists are much more useful than you might think. In this guide, we explain how to create them and get the most out of them.
Having to search and play your favorite YouTube videos one by one is useless when playlists exist. As you do on platforms like Spotify on YouTube, you can group your favorite content in different folders so that they are played one after another.
It’s an exciting function if you use YouTube to listen to music because it gives you the option to create playlists to match songs by artist, genre, mood, or year of release.
Any YouTube user can use playlists that are much more useful than you might think. If you still don’t know anything about them, in this guide, we explain what they are used for, how to create them and modify them, and finally, how to create a collaborative YouTube playlist With your friends.
What are YouTube playlists?
A YouTube playlist is a collection of videos that you can create both in the web version of YouTube and in the apps for Android and iOS. As we mentioned, this tool gives you the ability to stream your favorite videos without having to search for them one by one.
Your YouTube playlists can be public -everyone can see and search for them-, hidden – anyone with the link can see them – and private (Only you can see them). You can also rely on help from other users to add content to a list if you make it collaborative.
To see the playlists you’ve created, you’ll need to go to the YouTube Library section. By the way, even if you don’t know, you already have a playlist on the platform. It’s called “To Watch Later” and bundle all the videos you selected with the “Save for later watch” function.
Before we see how you can create your own YouTube playlist, we have to mention that you still have the option to edit, share and delete your playlists. By the way, you can also add playlists created by other people to your library.
How to create a Youtube playlist?
Once the theoretical part of YouTube playlists is known, we move on to the practical part. Creating one of these lists is a very straightforward process across the different Google Video Platform versions.
To create a playlist with your favorite videos in the Android app, follow these steps:
- Open the YouTube app and enter the section ” Library “in the lower right corner.
- In the “Playlists” section, click “New list.”
- Select recently viewed videos that you want to add to this future playlist. When you are finished, click “Next” in the upper right corner.
- Give the list a title and select your privacy settings (Public, hidden or private). When you’re done, click on “Create,” and you’re done, you’ll have created your own playlist.
- This new playlist will appear inside Library> Playlists. By entering the list, you will be able to reproduce it, modify it, share it with other users, and eliminate it permanently. So you can see it in the following screenshots.
The procedure for creating playlists on your computer is different. First of all, you need to find one of the videos you want to include in the playlist and click on the “Save” button below the video.
Then click on the option “Create a new playlist,” give it a name, modify the privacy settings and click on “Create” to complete the procedure.
How to add videos to an already created playlist
As we have seen, when creating a YouTube playlist, you only have the option to add the videos that you have recently watched. When you do this in the web version, you can only add one video first. Also, at any time, you may want to expand the list with discoveries.
It is very important to learn how to add videos to an already created playlist for some reason. Here are the steps to follow both on Android and in the web version of YouTube.
- Find the video you want to add to the already created playlist.
- Click on the button “Save” below the video.
- In the menu that goes down, select the list you want to add to and click “Done.”
This is how easy and quick it is to add any YouTube video to your YouTube playlists. As you have seen, you can select multiple lists simultaneously and, in this way, add the same video to different folders.
YouTube’s trick to making a video in full screen that hardly anyone knows
How to share your playlists
YouTube playlists are not only used to join songs. You can also bundle interesting videos together to prepare an educational lesson, useful videos for your colleagues, or videos related to your favorite team at home. In short, playlists that you are not only interested in but also other users.
In this case, the most normal thing is for you to want to share this playlist with interested people to see the content you have collected. It’s easy. Just share your playlist with this procedure:
- Open the YouTube app and enter the library.
- Click on the playlist that you want to share to access your page.
- Click on the button Share, represented by an arrow pointing to the right and located below the title.
- The select method through which you want to share your playlist with other people.
What are collaborative lists, and how to create your own
Like in YouTube Music, on YouTube, you can create collaborative playlists, a folder in which they can also add content to other users you invite.
This is a useful function if you like watching YouTube videos and listening to music with your family and friends because everyone can add their favorite videos. To have a collaborative YouTube list, you must first create the playlist then make it collaborative. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Create a playlist with the steps explained above.
- Go to Library> Reading List and click on the list you want to collaborate on.
- Click on the edit icon, represented by a pencil at the top of the page.
- Click the option “Collaborate.”
- Slide box “Employees can add videos” clockwise to activate.
- Click on the “Share” button to send an invitation link to future contributors to the list. If you want to prevent others from adding videos to the list in the future, you can disable the link.
Save other playlists to your library.
As you browse the huge YouTube catalog, you will most likely find playlists created by other users that interest you. You can easily add them to your library to access them whenever you want.
To save other people’s playlists to your library, follow these steps:
- Find the playlist that interests you.
- Click on the “More” button that appears next to it, represented by three vertical dots.
- Click on “Save to library.” This playlist will automatically be part of the “Playlists” section of your account. When it is no longer needed, you can permanently delete it.
And so far, the guide to YouTube playlists, which, as we’ve seen, can offer you more than you imagined. You can group videos by categories, such as education, music, entertainment, or sport, and therefore, play them more comfortably.
Mongersmint is a new medium, do not hesitate to share our article on social networks to boost us. 🙂
How much did you like this information about How To Create YouTube playlists? Do tell us in the comment section. We are always happy to know about your views on our provided information. Do follow us on social media | Facebook| Instagram| Twitter| LinkedIn| for all the latest information and news around the world. Join our tribe and allow us to become a part of your life.