How to downgrade to the previous version of MIUI
How To Downgrade To The Previous Version Of MIUI: With a few simple steps, you can bring your Xiaomi back to the previous version of MIUI, and after reading this article, you will know exactly How To Downgrade To The Previous Version Of MIUI. This is what you need to do.
MIUI is one of the customization layers most loved by Android users today. Its stability, customization, aesthetics, and performance make the user experience unique on any device.
Like any operating system, it frequently receives security-related updates, correction of bugs and errors, or integration of new features.
In most cases, all is well. In other words, you receive the update on your mobile, download, and enjoy the news. However, this is not the case in many cases, and you wish you had not updated your device. This is where you ask yourself, what now?
The simplest solution may be to wait for the manufacturer to correct these problems via an update or a smaller patch. If you’re in no rush and can survive on it, wait. But, What if you can’t use your mobile correctly? What do you do in this case?
How to update the MIUI version on your Xiaomi and always keep it up to date
This is where you have to resort to drastic solutions like revert to a previous version, in this case of MIUI, to get everything back to normal while the issues are resolved.
You may also like | How to change the name of a folder or icon in MIUI
Many people don’t know how to do it (although it’s not impossible, take their job), and for that, we have taken a small step by step so that you can downshift safely and enjoy your Xiaomi as always.
Why Downgrade To The Previous Version Of MIUI?
There are many reasons why it is necessary to perform a downgrade of software. In this case, it may be that you update MIUI to the latest version, and your device has compatibility issues, which is very common.
In other cases, the update has failed or an error directly from its programming, so the development team can only correct it.
We recommend you | How to see screen hours on your Xiaomi with MIUI with Screen Time
In any case, we want to tell you that yes, there is a solution to these problems and revert to a previous version of MIUI it’s possible. Then we show you step by step how to do it.
Steps to revert to the previous version of MIUI
- The first and most important step is to perform a backup of all your stored information on the device. To do this, you can use remote storage like a PC or hard drive. You can also do this in the cloud if you prefer. It is always better to be safe.
- Now you should know what MIUI version you have installed on your mobile. This way, you can avoid installing the same performance and not fix the problem. To do this, you have to go to “Settings> Phone information> MIUI version.” There you will find the information you need, write it down, and follow the steps.
- Once you know the current version of MIUI installed on your computer, you need to download the older version, which is possible by entering DownMi.
At this point, you should:
- Once inside the portal, choose your Xiaomi model and the type of ROM (Global / China).
- Look for the MIUI version, which is currently installed on your computer. Then choose the version before this one. It is important to check the build number carefully and that it corresponds to the version you are going to download to avoid any compatibility issue that can be presented. If your ROM is global, you will have to find an equal likewise if it is China.
- Once everything is correct, proceed to download the recovery version.
Important: If the download doesn’t start instantly, just click on the option “Copy link” and paste it into the browser’s navigation bar.
How to install an old version of MIUI?
Once the download is complete and with the files in your possession, it is time to install it on the device. For that, proceed as follows:
- On your smartphone or computer (where you downloaded the file), navigate to file manager and save the ROM you just downloaded to the root folder.
- It’s time to rename the file. To do this, place the following: “Update.zip” (without quotes).
- Once the ROM is saved to the root folder, it is time to go to “Settings> About phone> System update.”
- Now go to your screen’s top right and select the three dots to access the select option upgrade package.
Important: If you can’t see this option, you just need to tap the MIUI logo several times to activate the advanced options.
- Once in this section, you can see ROM that you just downloaded. Please select it and restore it to the previous version of MIUI.
- Once the process is completed, you can fully enjoy your Xiaomi with the previous version of MIUI.
Xiaomi: 4 hidden functions of MIUI 12 that will change the way you use your mobile
As you will see, it is straightforward, fast, and most importantly, a process no need to root your mobile. Just follow the steps carefully, heed the recommendations, and you’re done. Don’t forget to tell us if this little tutorial helped you.
Mongersmint is a new medium, do not hesitate to share our article on social networks to boost us. 🙂
How much did you like this information about How to downgrade to the previous version of MIUI? Do tell us in the comment section. We are always happy to know about your views on our provided information. Do follow us on social media | Facebook| Instagram| Twitter| LinkedIn| for all the latest information and news around the world. Join our tribe and allow us to become a part of your life.