Things You Should Know About The New “Star Wars Trilogy”
The May 4th is celebrated worldwide on “Star Wars Day,” and what better way to celebrate it than with the seventh installment of this mythical saga. In Toads and Princesses, We are very excited about this new episode, and that is why we want to tell you All the details that have come to light on the new trilogy, which is already in the post-production process:
- May 4 was chosen as ‘Star Wars Day’ for its similarity in English (May the 4th) with one of the most famous phrases of the saga: “May the force be with you” (May the Force be with you.)
- JJ Abrams directs this seventh installment.
- Take up the story 30 years later of the events related in ‘Return of the Jedi.’
- The script from Star Wars: Episode VII is Abrams himself and the screenwriter of the original trilogy Lawrence Kasdan.
- It will be a trilogy again so that the Saga will have up to 9 movies.
- The stellar cast will once again feature the leading trio of the original trilogy: Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), and Harrison Ford (Han Solo); besides with other stars like Andy Serkis, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac or Max Von Sydow. The character of Chewbacca also returns, and with him, the actor who played him: Peter Mayhew.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi’s granddaughter, who must be of black or mixed race, and for whom at first the name of Lupita Nyong’o (12 years of slavery) and who is also part of the cast, is finally interpreted by the British actress Maisie Richardson-Sellers.
- The film was shot at Pinewood Studios in London, among other settings.
- The budget of Episode VII of Star Wars could reach 200 million dollars.
- In October 2012, Disney acquired the Star Wars saga’s rights for $ 4.05 billion from LucasFilm, founded by the filmmaker and creator of the saga, George Lucas. This episode is co-produced by Walt Disney Pictures, LucasFilm, and Bad Robot, produced by JJ Abrams.
- Episode VII is presented under the subtitle “The awakening of the force” (Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens).
- So far, 2 trailers of the film have been presented. The first image arrived on November 28, 2014, during the second trailer. It was presented on April 16, in which we could finally see Harrison Ford with his inseparable Chewbacca.
- How could it be otherwise? The soundtrack will be by John Williams. It will be the first time that JJ Abrams does not count on Michael Giacchino to put music to his tape.
- Despite being the second Star Wars film released in IMAX, it is the first to use IMAX cameras during filming and be released in IMAX 3D.
How much did you like this article, “10 Things You Should Know About The New “Star Wars Trilogy”? Tell us your views about this article in the comment section? We are always happy to hear from you. Follow us on other social media platforms too.