Healthy And Easy Baked Dumpling Recipes: If there is an easy, quick, and healthy recipe that can save any dinner, those are the empanadillas. Make the dough at home or buy it made to save time and fill whatever you want.
Empanadillas can become the main dish of your dinners or be part of an informal family meal.
1. Caribbean dumplings
Try making these empanadillas filled with sweet potato, vegetables, and black beans. A mixture that you can accompany with mango sauce. This is one of the best dumpling recipes you can have this food with your friends.
- Three small or medium sweet potatoes
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- 3 cups of finely chopped cabbage
- Three tablespoons of water
- One can of cooked black beans.
- Lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- One tablespoon of minced chili
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- One tablespoon chopped coriander.
- Dough of dumplings
- Salt and ground black pepper
For the mango sauce:
- One ripe mango, chopped.
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- Two tablespoons red onion, minced
- One dash of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Bake the sweet potato or sweet potato by previously pricking with the fork in several places and rubbing with olive oil.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onion until poached.
- Add the finely chopped cabbage, the water and leave until the cabbage is tender.
- Add the black beans, the zest and the lemon juice, and the chili.
- When the sweet potatoes are cold, cut them in half and remove the meat from the inside.
- Mash the sweet potato’s meat with a fork and mix with cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander, salt, and pepper.
- Add the puree to the mixture you had with the beans.
- Fill the empanadillas and seal with a fork.
- Brush with a little olive oil and bake until the edges start to be slightly golden.
- You can accompany it with a mango sauce. You have to mix the ingredients in a bowl and let it rest before serving for the flavors to combine.
2. Chicken empanadas
Cook some chicken patties that you can make with fresh breasts or with leftover grilled chicken from previous days for an easy and healthy dinner.
- One lime
- One pear tomato
- Two cloves of garlic
- One onion
- Two boneless skinless chicken breasts or roast chicken from the day before
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- One avocado
- Grated cheese
- Dough of dumplings
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
- Wash and chop the vegetables.
- Put the chicken fillets on a baking sheet and rub with the spices, a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. You can also use leftover roast chicken.
- Place the vegetables in a container and bake for about 15 minutes.
- In a story, mix the lemon juice, one tablespoon of olive oil, and half of the avocado flesh. Add salt and pepper.
- Chop the roasted chicken and vegetables. Add grated cheese and mix.
- Put on the dough of empanadillas and bake until golden brown.
3. Meat patty
Prepare delicious meat patties with the flavor of pepper and spices. Kids will love the hint of ketchup.
- Two tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- One minced garlic
- One tablespoon thyme
- Two tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup chives
- Salt and pepper
- One egg
- In a large bowl with the minced meat sprinkled with salt and pepper and reserve.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the onions until they are poached.
- Add the hot pepper, garlic, and thyme and sauté for a couple more minutes.
- Put the seasoned meat in the pan and break into small pieces.
- Mix with the tomato sauce and salt to taste.
- Pour in 2 cups of water and stir. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid has evaporated and everything is reduced to a thick sauce.
- Remove from the fire and let cool.
- Place a tablespoon in the dough’s center, fold-down, press, and bake until golden brown on the ends.
Other quick alternatives to make healthy dinners to these Healthy And Easy Baked Dumpling Recipes are the ones you can find here
How much did you like this article, “3 Healthy And Easy Baked Dumpling Recipes”? Do you tell us your views in the comment section? We are always happy to hear from you. Follow us on other social media platforms too.